Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dinner - Shrimp and Wine

While I was home for Spring Break, I decided to make dinner for my mom and myself.  Because it is Lent and Friday I chose a seafood dish.  The natural chef that I am, I decided to make popcorn shrimp with green beans and red potatoes.  I googled what wines pair well with shrimp and I came up with a Brut Champagne.
This is a 2002 California Champagne.  I thought it tasted great.  My house reeked of shrimp after I cooked it in the oven, so it was tough to get that scent out of my nose to get any kind of aroma from the Champagne.  The bubbles were a great pair with the shrimp.  Although it wasn't the fanciest of dinners,  I thought the Champagne made the dinner much more exciting and my mom was very pleased with how the dinner turned out.  It was a lot of fun trying to figure out what kind of meal to make with what wine.  This was a very fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment