Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting - Au Chocolat

Name: Au Chocolat Sparkling Wine
Variety: Dessert Wine
Region: Provence
Country: France
Year: n/a
Price: $14.99

Winery Review: Au Chocolat Chocolate flavored wine is effervescent and crisp, with a mellow chocolaty flavor and splash of sweetness. Perfect as an aperitif, digestive or with anything which chocolate would pair. Serve chilled 41-50°F.

My Review:  This wine was made to trick you.  When you initially sniff it you can definitely tell it is a chocolate wine, even if the chocolate has a very artificial smell.  Then when you taste it, it is like a completely different wine.  It is almost indescribable because you can't get over that it doesn't taste like chocolate.  It takes you off guard.  One taste was plenty for this wine.  It was a good attempt, but poor execution.

I tasted this wine by itself without food.

1 comment:

  1. Can someone please, please help me. I have been searching endlessly for this wine and unable to find it. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan and no one carries this except one place and they only have it at Christmas time. Can I but this online somewhere?

    ReplyDelete